Hi, Lily here from PRD Wagga and welcome to another episode of Street Talk.
MACLEAY Street Turvey Park was named after Sir William MACLEAY who was appointed as one of the first Magistrates of the Lower Murrumbidgee
Sir William Macleay was also the original proprietor of the “Wagga Wagga Express & Murrumbidgee Advertiser” first published on 30th October, 1858. He also owned “Mulberygong” Run and later acquired other pastoral properties.
In 1852 was a founder of the Murrumbidgee Turf Club.
He was elected to the Senate of the University of Sydney in 1875 and knighted in 1889.
Macleay Street runs from the top of railway street through Turvey park, past the TAFE, Botanic Gardens and meets Mitchelmore Street in Mount Austin.
There are 117 residential properties with 92% of these owner occupiers and the median sales price for 2018 was $387,500.
Thanks for watching today’s episode of Street Talk!