As mentioned in Monique’s Team Tuesday video – the secret to her amazing chocolate brownies is…..Add 1 chopped up Cherry Ripe – for an amazing brownie like Mon’s.
- 175g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids
- 175g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 200g dark soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 65g plain flour
Preparation: About 20 minutes Cooking: 30 minutes
- Heat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease and line brownie tin with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate over a pan of simmering water and leave to cool until needed.
- Add eggs, sugar and vanilla to a bowl. Use a mixer or handheld mixer to mix for a few minutes – until mixture has consistency of mousse.
- Whisk in cooled melted chocolate. (here you can add a diced cherry ripe bar if you want) Sift in salt and flour. Gently fold ingredients together.
- Transfer brownie mixture to the baking tin.
- Bake until a wooden skewer or toothpick inserted into the mixture comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.