In order to give your home the best shot in the real estate market you will want to present it in its best light! There are some things YOU can do before you ask an agent to put a price on your most valuable asset.
Preparation is important. It may take you a few weeks to get your home ready for sale so always plan ahead. Make sure you’ve given yourself enough time to do some maintenance, have a through clean and buy a few new items if needed. Sometimes a new door handle, garden mulch or even some throw cushions will be needed to liven your home.
Here’s a quick checklist on how to sell your home the fast way >>
- Declutter your home
- Remove extra furniture blocking flow
- Clean/organise inside cupboards (yes people look!)
- Clean carpets
- Clean light fittings
- Sell/donate any unwanted goods
- Neutralise your home
- Deep clean the entire house
- Repair any issues in the house
- Fix up the yard (new mulch, no weeds, potted flowers)
- Clean windows inside and outside
Day of open house
- Make sure all rooms are cleaned
- Make the house smell good
- Let the light in
- Stage the home
- Take the pets with you
Treat every day like there will be an inspection so you are ready no matter what. This also means a little bit of tidying every day and not one big clean the night before!